The Taj Mahal in Agra, India is a wonder in architecture that inspires the imagination and awe of many around the world. In 1983, it became a world heritage site that attracts millions of visitors every year. When visiting Agra on business or pleasure there are some nice luxury hotels only a short distance from this majestic work of Mughal architecture.
What are some of the best hotels to stay at while visiting the Taj Mahal?
- Hotel Sidhartha is situated right in the historical district near sites like the Agra Fort and the Mankameshwar Temple. The front desk is open twenty-four hours and room service is always available. There is airport transportation available for a surcharge if you so desire. Comfortable rooms offer complimentary newspapers, slippers, a room safe, and a wake-up call if you need one in the morning. The hotel also has a restaurant so you can enjoy Breakfast in the morning before setting out to enjoy the city’s rich historical heritage.
- Hotel Raj Bed & Breakfast is another comfortable stay for visitors to the Taj Mahal. It offers a complimentary shuttle to pick you up at the airport or the train station. Guests can enjoy a nice air-conditioned room with a minibar and a complimentary newspaper. Free wired high-speed Internet is also available, and the hotel also has a restaurant for you to enjoy a hearty breakfast.
- Rahi Hotel Taj Khema offers a comfortable stay with air-conditioned rooms, telephones and TVs. A restaurant is onsite, although room service is available if you don’t want to leave your room. The hotel also offers tour/ticket assistance for those who want to enjoy the sites of Agra.
- Hotel Daawat Palace offers a comfortable stay in exquisite accommodations. Rooms have minibars and coffee/tea makers. LCD TVs are also available, and you can schedule a morning wake-up call before dining in the hotel’s restaurant before getting tour/ticket assistance to see the nearby wonders.
- The Oberoi Amarvilas, Agra offers guests the best views of the Taj Mahal from all its rooms and suites. Guests can pamper themselves in the pool or the Health Club, enjoying the hotel’s fitness facilities. Rooms have many amenities like a complimentary newspaper, DVD player, deep soaking bathtub and wireless Internet to name a few.
While visiting the Taj Mahal, why not enjoy some of Agra’s hospitality in one of the historic district’s finest hotels?