The United States has a lot of hotels and resorts that are known worldwide. Let’s take a look at 10 of the most Famous Hotels in the USA:
- One of the most famous hotels is The Waldorf Astoria in New York. Waldorf Astoria is renowned in America, but also internationally. It was built in the 1890s by William Waldorf Astor and John Jacob Astor.
- The second hotel on the list of 10 Famous Hotels in the USA is the Hotel Chelsea in New York City. The Hotel Chelsea first opened in 1905.
- Number three is located on the West Coast. It is now called the Andaz West Hollywood and was once the Continental Hyatt House. The Continental Hyatt House was located on Sunset Boulevard and became known as “The Riot House”.
- The fourth hotel on the list is the Flamingo Casino and Hotel. It is the third of the three original hotels to grace the “Las Vegas Strip”. The building of this hotel was done by mobster Bugsey Segal in 1946.
- The fifth hotel on the list is the Palmer House Hilton in Chicago, Illinois. This famed hotel dates back to the 1870s and is located in the Chicago Loop.
- Next on the hotel list of 10 Famous Hotels is The Peabody in Memphis, Tennessee. The Peabody was constructed in 1925 and “The March of the Ducks” began in 1932. This tradition was to have live ducks swimming in a fountain in the hotel lobby.
- The seventh hotel on the list is The Lenox Hotel. The Lenox is located in Boston, Massachusetts and is on the National Trust for Historic Preservation. It cost more than one million dollars to build in 1900.
- The eighth hotel on the list of 10 Famous Hotels is The Willard Continental in Washington, D.C., and it opened in 1818. President Lincoln stood at this hotel before his inauguration in 1861.
- Number nine on the list is the Arizona Biltmore, which is located in Phoenix, Arizona. This hotel was the very first built in the Phoenix area in 1929.
- Number ten is the Hotel del Coronado in Coronado, California. This famous California hotel completed construction in 1888. Some of the notables that stayed here include Babe Ruth, Charlie Chaplin and Charles Lindbergh.
What other famous US hotels can you think of?