Headed to Portland? If you don’t have any local friends or family to take you to the best local restaurants check out the ones below for a unique Portland experience!
- Pok Pok– Affectionately known as a takeout shack, Pok Pok is located on the southeast side of Portland. This restaurant offers authentic Thai cooking that is more than a cut above the rest. Don’t go to Portland without stopping by to try their cuisine that offers a perfect balance of sweet and spicy. If you’re too full to travel after wings and sticky rice, head over to the boutiqueJupiter Hotel. Jupiter offers a salon, tattoo parlor, and a nightclub onsite!
- The Screen Door– The Screen Door brings southern cooking all the way out to the west coast. The new fad, fried chicken and waffles, is served at the Screen Door as an option for brunch until 2:30 on Saturdays and Sundays. Sleep in at the Doubletree Hotel Portland and then get on NE 20th Avenue to get to the Screen Door for biscuits and gravy, the Alabama scramble, or bananas foster french toast.
- Bunk Bar– Stop into the Bunk Bar for a combination restaurant and bar experience. Not your typical bar menu, Bunk Bar offers sandwiches, soups, salads, and sides. Their sandwiches are legendary featuring the Pork Belly and the Egg & Cheese. Experience the heart of Portland at the Bunk Bar.
- The Woodsman Tavern– If fine dining is your desire, the Woodsman Tavern will not disappoint. The kitchen features a charcoal-fire oven that brings a touch of smokey flavor to most dishes, even the grilled octopus. It’s fair to say that the food looks as good as it tastes and the rustic interior sets the tone for an enjoyable evening.
- The Mac & Cheesery– Looking for your favorite comfort food or some unique twists on your comfort food? Drop into Portland’s own Mac & Cheesery for traditional macaroni and cheese as well as concoctions such as fried mac & cheese balls or additions to the original such as bacon. Bacon and macaroni and cheese- what’s not to love? The Mac & Cheesery is just a quick drive from Crowne Plaza Hotel Portland.