The elegance of serenity and the touch of royalty are the expectations of a tourist visiting a grand world-class hotel. Amidst, the myriad of hotels across the world, it’s difficult to select the best ones. There are several attributes like reception, service, hospitality, grandeur, tradition, etc., that make a hotel unique. Here is a list of the top three best hotels of the world, which are unmatched in hospitality and unprecedented in magnificence.
Crafted with the finest efficacy, Burj Al Arab, which is located at the shores of Dubai, is one of the most luxurious and expensive hotels of the world. The edifice is breath taking, standing on an island which is artificially created. The luxury suites at Burj Al Arab are arranged over two floors, having living areas, whirlpool bathrooms and dining rooms. The smallest suit occupies 1800 sq ft of area while the largest ones take up 8400 sq ft. Its opulence has attracted famous international personalities across the world. The hotel has a splendid tennis court at its roof top.
The touch of royalty can be felt at Four Seasons George V Hotel, located at the heart of France in Paris. Defining the spirit of class and elegance, this hotel provides its guests with a royal reception. Immerse yourself into the comfort of saunas, steam roams, health clubs and music banquets. The decorations become a feast for the eye. Dining extravaganza can be an experience at Le Cinq and Le Galerie restaurants. La Galerie showcases the beautiful tapestries and 19th century furniture and paintings. The menus at Le Cinq are drawn of French culinary techniques.
Adjoining the magnificent panorama of Mount Blanc, is located the most beautiful hotel in Geneva. Hotel President Wilson is well known across the globe for its exquisite suites. The entire hotel is designed with proficiency to provide an ostentatious elegance. Its royal penthouse suite is the world’s most costly hotel suite at $65,000 per night. Apart from lavish banquet halls and splendid swimming pools, it provides high-quality hair dressing services and fitness workouts.
A stay at any of these hotels shall leave you with a lifelong memory. What do you think is the best hotel in the world?
Photo Credit: Sinimar
A New Year means new travel plans for work and play.
If you’re lucky enough to find yourself in any of the top 7 travel destinations in the USA, you’re going to enjoy the nation’s best restaurants, finest shopping, nightlife and all the local color that makes these cities worth the journey.
1. NEW YORK
The “City That Never Sleeps” remains America’s premier travel destination. The Plaza remains a Big Apple legend, but other notables include the chic Bryant Park Hotel, with its Cellar Bar, and The Chatwal, a classy Art Deco haven on West 44th.
2. SAN FRANCISCO
The Fairmont, known for its stately grandeur, The Omni and the Stanford Court Renaissance all provide easy access to downtown and the Embarcadero. Don’t miss out on Golden Gate Park or Sausalito during your stay.
3. LAS VEGAS
Everybody knows “what Happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.” Where you stay in Vegas, should be where it’s happening. This would put you at Mandalay Bay, in any of its fine hotels. The Bellagio or The Venetian are also sure bets offering the glamor of “Ocean’s 11.”
4. LOS ANGELES
The “City of Angels” features a revitalized downtown, built around Staples Center and the L.A. Live entertainment complex, directly adjacent to the lavish new JW Marriot. Hollywood style can be found at The W or Chateau Marmont. In Santa Monica, the Hotel Shangri-La has been a beachside fixture since 1939.
Catching a game at Fenway? Try the Back Bay Hotel. Feel more like a Tea Party? The Fairmont Battery Wharf, right by the water, is charming.
A stay at The Drake Hotel or The Congress Plaza Hotel at Grant Park, keeps you downtown, in “The Loop,” at the heart of the city. For deep dish, go to Pizzeria Due on Wabash.
7. NEW ORLEANS
Having endured hard times the past few years, The Big Easy is once again welcoming travelers and offering the finest in Southern hospitality. The Hotel Maison de Ville is an excellent choice for an authentic French Quarter experience.
When planning your next getaway, to any of the cities comprising the top 7 Travel destinations in the USA, remember, when all else fails, you can always rely on a Four Seasons, Ritz-Carlton, or JW Marriot for spectacular service and exceptional value.
Photo Credit: jver64
Denver, Colorado offers a variety of cultural, athletic and relaxation attractions for tourists. Whether you are a fan of food, spas, art museums or extreme sports, you are sure to find a number of fun and interesting activities to enjoy during your stay in the mile high city.
Denver hosts several world-class art museums for individuals devoted to supporting visual art. The largest of the museums, Denver Art Museum, boasts an enormous collection of works from throughout history. Bring your children, as families are welcome to view the vast collections.
If fashion is your passion, plan a trip to the 16th street mall in the heart of downtown Denver. Cutting-edge clothes to fit any price range can be purchased, with plenty of options for electronics, books and other gift items. Rock fans can refuel at the adjacent Hard Rock Cafe, dining on classic, affordable American fare. Serious foodies can enjoy upscale dining at renowned eateries Osteria Marco. If wine is your passion, plan a dinner or lingering evening at Solera Restaurant & Wine bar.
Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure, nearly anyone can benefit from a relaxing day at one of Denver's elegant spa facilities. The Brown Palace Hotel boasts a world-class spa. Try the river stone massage for a truly luxurious experience.
Fans of sports can enjoy both spectating and participating in Denver. Plan an exciting evening for your family cheering for the professional lacrosse team the Denver Outlaws or catch a Denver Nuggets game at the Pepsi Center. Casual hikers can safely enjoy the many hundreds of miles of hiking trails located in town, while skiers and snowboarders can easily day trip to local slopes.
No matter what your preference is, finding fun things to do in Denver is easy. You may even want to extend your trip at a great Denver hotel in order to truly experience the vibrant mile high city.
Photo Credit: Christine McClintock Hudspeth
You're traveling to New York, but your don't want to break the bank when considering which hotels to choose. Consider one of the following New York hotels for your visit. Whether you're looking for an inexpensive, yet comfortable place to sleep, or a luxurious room to relax after a long day of work or sightseeing, there are plenty of hotel selections for you to choose from.
Budget New York Hotels for the Thrifty Traveler
The Manhattan Broadway Hotel, located in the heart of Manhattan, offers affordable and comfortable rooms with 24 hour front desk service and nearby discounted parking.
The Ramada Queens offers a convenient location near the airport, complimentary breakfast, and an in-house fitness center for guests to enjoy. Catch a quick train to Manhattan for the sights and sounds of the Big Apple.
Mid-Range New York Hotels for the Business Oriented
The Hotel Pennsylvania, just a block away from the Empire State Building and close proximity to the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, offers comfort, quality service, and more.
The Cosmopolitan Tribeca Hotel offers spacious rooms, daily room service complimentary wi-fi, and valet parking in lower Manhattan. This is perfect for the business traveler who works partially out of their hotel room.
The Larchmont Hotel in Greenwich Village offers the comforts of home and a continental breakfast to all guests. With guest robes and slippers in a European style hotel, you're sure to enjoy your stay.
High-End New York Hotels for the Vacationer
The City Club Hotel, centered in the Theater District, is perfect for the cultural traveler. You'll find this luxurious seven story hotel to be just what you're looking for. Check with the concierge for the best sights in the city.
The Warwick Hotel, built in the 1920's provides a glamorous early Hollywood appeal with all of the modern luxuries, including an in-house fitness center, 24 hour room service, and an on-site restaurant.
Whatever your reason for visiting, one of these fantastic New York hotels is sure to provide you with the amenities that you need at a price that fits your budget.
Photo Credit: K-Billz
Mexico is a country that is super alluring and attention-grabbing. It is the center of attraction to all the Hollywood celebrities and even the celebs of other entertainment industries of the world. People from all walks of life love to travel to the country since it is laced with the eye-candy locales, awesome historical sights, palm trees, white sand beaches, resorts and hotels (situated in the vacations’ spots).
The country also grabs the attention of the filmmakers. Many films have been created at the breath-taking spots found in Mexico.
Mexico is the best choice for your vacation whether you are planning to visit with friends, a spouse, your family or coming down for a business trip. The country offers you the heart-warming spots, beaches, scrumptious cuisines, night clubs, colorful night life, best eateries, shopping spots, historical places, resorts and the best hotels.
While you enjoy your vacation, you also stumble upon the rich friendly Mexican culture, which is well known in the world. Although Mexico is filled with its interesting elements, there are 3 Great Vacation Destinations in Mexico, which should be visited:
It is called one of the best vacation spots in Mexico. There are white sand beaches here, which instantly take you away from the hustle and bustle of your every day activities. The delicious cuisine here is simply mouth-watering. You can also witness the traditional sights as well. Make your first stop Puerto Vallarta.
It was named the best destination for vacation in 2010. Come and enjoy this romantic spot that lets you enjoy the culture of traditional Mayans. For those of you who love nature and want to be at secluded beaches, Tulum is the best!
Cancun is the tourist’s eye candy spot for vacation. It contains sandy beaches, stupendous bars and if you are coming from the U.S, you should be able to get an inexpensive flight. Cancun is called the town for tourists. If you are a spa lover and also want a luxurious stay then make sure to book the La Blanc Spa Resort that offers a great spa to relax your body and will make your vacation memorable and lavish.
Ready to take that vacation? Find a budget hotel in Mexico today!
Photo Credit: hainatravel
Few places in the United States can provide you with sand and sun the way Los Angeles does. If you are looking for a seaside escape from your job or a spring break beach destination, Los Angeles is the place to go. The following hotels are some of the few hotels that can truly describe themselves as “beachfront hotels.”
1. Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel- This beachfront hotel will take your breath away. With elegant beachfront dining and an ocean view pool and lounge area you can soak up the sun in the lap of luxury. Begin your day with a sunrise walk on the beach and end it with the healing powers of a swim in the Pacific Ocean. You won’t soon forget nor will you be able to stop talking about your experience at Loews Beach Hotel.
2. Casa Del Mar Hotel- Casa Del Mar Hotel is a historic grand hotel with views of the beach, the ocean, and the Santa Monica Pier. The views are fostered by floor to ceiling windows and the close proximity to the natural elements. The Bow is a unique porch dining and lounge experience where, aside from not feeling the sand between your toes, you feel like you are on the beach. The luxurious pool and the bike path on the beach provide the options of relaxation or activity.
3. Terranea Resort- Terranea Resort, a Spanish-Mediterranean style resort, provides an ocean view with Catalina Island in the distance. The Resort includes over a hundred acres of coastal property filled to the brim with luxury and service. Terranea Resort features a nine-hole golf course, three pools, walking trails, and a beach cove with a secret cave. At Terranea Resort you will feel a sense of escape that cannot be described, it can only be experienced.
What do you think? Do you have a favorite hotel in LA?
Photo Credit: biskuit
Tried of the winter weather? Take a trip to Florida and experience the beaches in Fort Lauderdale in style at any of the following superior accommodations.
1. Pillars Hotel- The Pillars Hotel touts its superior individual service which adds to its charm. Located on the marina and a block from the beach, the Pillars Hotel has so much to offer its guests. The hotel itself, a picturesque plantation, gives you the feeling that you have your own private pool. The intimacy that Pillars Hotel offers provides a unique beach getaway experience.
2. Westin Diplomat- On the outskirts of Fort Lauderdale, the luxury and privacy of a cabana can be found at the Westin Diplomat. Whether alongside one of its two pools or out on the beach, the cabanas offer the ultimate comfort and relaxation. The Westin Diplomat rounds out its vacation experience with a golf course, tennis courts and spa. For those of you who are environmentally conscious, the Westin Diplomat will give you a $5 voucher to participating vendors for each day you decline housekeeping.
3. Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort- Located on North Beach, the Hilton offers a 25,000 square foot paradise to guests as the best way to experience the beach. The Hilton offers views of the beach, the ocean, beautiful sunrises, and romantic sunsets from its balconies. In fact, most rooms allow these views from the bed, the couch, or even the bath! This hotel is a tower of modern luxury accommodations footsteps away from the beach.
4. Lago Mar Resort and Club- Lago Mar offers guests 500 feet of private beach- the largest private ocean beach in the county. This privately owned resort in Fort Lauderdale offers poolside and penthouse suites where guests can enjoy the beach, the pool, the spa, the shopping, and the food. If you are looking for a resort that cares for you on your beach vacation look no further than Lago Mar.
5. Pelican Grand Beach Resort- The motto at Pelican Grand is “Where Nothing Comes Between You and the Beach.” They live up to this motto by offering direct beach access to a private beach, beachfront dining, and lounge chairs and umbrellas on the beachside which can be reserved and feature beachside service of food and beverages. When you’re not out on the beach you can still enjoy it from your room because 70% of their rooms have a balcony with an oceanfront view.
What is your favorite hotel in Fort Lauderdale?
Photo Credit: chriechers
Every year millions of people plan business trips and family vacations, but after a while each vacation starts to feel the same as the last. Here are ten ideas to liven up your next business or family vacation plan.
- Mix Business with Pleasure on a Cruise - A Disney cruise is the perfect solution. Catch a power point presentation and then enjoy a character lunch with the kids.
- Stay at a hotel with character - find a hotel like The Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island, Michigan. This hotel has a beautiful interior and exterior and a rich history.
- A golf business and pleasure trip - many business deals happen on the golf course, and when the course is in Hawaii you’re experiencing the best of both worlds. The Kapula Villas in Maui are just perfect and offer two golf courses and the beauty of Maui.
- Rent a Mountain Cabin - renting a mountain cabin can either be adventurous or luxurious. It all depends on the cabin you rent and for how long you plan your vacation for. Cedar Creek Cabin Rentals in Helen, GA are beautiful cabins and they are close to the Bavarian style town of Helen Georgia.
- Get out of the country- if you’re bored with traveling in the US, then plan a trip to Sweden. In Sweden, you could rent a beautiful country home or stay at the Scandic Ariadne which is close to the city centre
- Quick trip - only have time for a weekend adventure? Explore the local history right in your own backyard, and stay at a local bed and breakfast.
- Orlando Water parks - Disney too expensive for your wallet? Plan a vacation that includes a few water parks to beat the Florida heat.
- Bachelorette Weekend - even a blushing bride should have a quick get-a-way weekend before tying the knot. An evening “Out on the Town” visiting the local theatre district or clubbing would be ideal.
- Whale Watch - Get your sea legs and enjoy a day out on the water and catch a glimpse of these beautiful and majestic animals as they breach the water as you get up-close and personal with them.
- A romantic weekend - for the married couple that just needs some alone time, the perfect weekend for lovers can be had in the Poconos at a great resort like the Pocono Inn.
Where do you want to go for your next vacation?
Photo Credit: Patrick Ng
Tapas, Flamenco, Sangria, y Paella: Ah, the memories of Spain. This southern European country that was once closed off from the rest of world under Franco's rule, is now the perfect destination for your next adventure. Three destinations in this impressive country will hopefully only whet your appetite for Spanish travel.
Your first Spanish destination will bring you to Madrid. The city offers a plethora of budget hotel options at all levels from the elegant Ritz Carlton to many budget friendly 'pensiones' throughout the city. Hotel Plaza Mayor is a favorite choice and comes highly recommended not only for it's fabulous location but also for it's reasonably priced newly renovated rooms. For a truly memorable view of the city, stay in their Palomar Suite located on the top floor of the hotel with a private rooftop terrace. Start your visit with a traditional Spanish lunch in Retiro Park. Then head to see some original pieces by Goya at the Prado Museum. Your day would not be complete without an evening full of tapas. Tapas can be found at all bars, however one fun spot to try are the 'cuevas' underneath the Plaza Mayor.
After leaving Madrid, head south to the historic city of Granada. Here you will see reminders of the Arabic influence that once controlled Spain through a visit to the Albaicin neighborhood, a tour of the impressive Alhambra, and a visit to the teterias or Arabic tea shops. The city is much smaller than Madrid, but it's scenery and setting are picturesque. Here you can take a day trip up to the Sierra Nevada and ski. In the evening, see a Flamenco show while dining on the traditional seafood paella for the authentic Spanish experience.
After saying goodbye to Granada, head south towards the Mediterranean or "Costa del Sol". As you drive along the coast you will see splatters of white buildings nestled in the hills overlooking the sea. These picturesque towns are all worth visiting however one of the best spots is the town of Nerja. Here you can visit the uniquely rocky beaches or enjoy breathtaking views of the sea while sipping sangria from the balcony of your holiday rental home.
At this point your Spanish vacation is nearing it's end. Hopefully this trip just gave you enough Spanish flavor that you'll already be planning your second visit before returning home from this vacation. Buen viaje.
What are your favorite places to visit in Spain?
Photo Credit: Costo Mac
Celebrities aren’t the only things famous in California. If you’re traveling to The Golden State, where you stay can be as newsworthy as who you see. Take in the ambiance at these signature hotels, and you’ll feel like a member of the A-list.
Hollywood Roosevelt – Los Angeles
Located in the heart of Tinseltown along the Hollywood Walk of Fame, this mainstay drips of old L.A. glamour. Founded in 1927 by a group of Hollywood notables, this locale continues to live up to its storied past as the place to see and be seen.
Walking distance to Grauman’s Chinese Theatre and the Kodak Theatre, the Hollywood Roosevelt hosted the first Academy Awards in 1929 and its share of celebrities over the years. Reserve a room at the Roosevelt and you can say you’ve slept where Marilyn Monroe once slept.
After taking in the sights, spend time imbibing at one of the hotel’s notorious eateries. Visit 25 Degrees for a taste of old Hollywood, where you can order what has been hailed as the city’s best burger. Outside, the Tropicana Bar surrounds a poolside retreat where guests swim above an underwater painting by artist David Hockney.
The Fairmont San Francisco
Seated upon Nob Hill, the Fairmont San Francisco has offered panoramic views of the City by the Bay since 1907. You’ll find easy access to the Financial District, Fisherman’s Wharf and Union Square, partly due to the hotel’s location at the single spot in the city where each of the fabled cable car lines meet.
The Fairmont boasts of prime location as well as history. Visitors can expect the Fairmont to emphasize premiere service, as it was home to America’s first concierge in the 1970s. Also, the hotel’s Venetian Room is famous for being the spot where Tony Bennett first sang his signature homage to the city, “I Left My Heart in San Francisco.”
Hotel del Coronado – Coronado
For more than 120 years the Hotel del Coronado has been a premier destination on the Pacific Coast. Located on 28 beachfront acres, the resort sits across the bay from downtown San Diego, accessible by a 15-minute ferry ride.
With its mixture of Victorian architecture and sun-dripped beaches, the hotel is one of only a few in California that holds National Historic Landmark status. Countless notables have visited throughout the years, including King Edward VIII, Charles Lindberg, Humphrey Bogart and modern celebrities.
What are your favorite hotels in California?
Photo Credit: Keith Yahl
If you're visiting Tucson for business or for pleasure, check out some of these fun destinations!
Lodge on the Desert Hotel
You can’t go wrong with a hotel that was originally built as a family home. The Lodge on the Desert began operating as a hotel in 1936 and has 103 guest rooms. When you check in, you’ll immediately notice the non-hotel-like residential setting and friendliness of the hotel staff.
Feel free to wander the grounds to relax after your trip. The landscaping offers native cacti, palm trees and well-maintained, manicured lawns. Your room is built hacienda-style, allowing you to relax and take in the sights. You will look forward to returning to your room after a day of fun or business.
Inn at San Ignacio Condo Hotel
Your stay in this luxury hotel will feel more like condo living than a visit in a hotel. You will be able to view the mountains from your suite or guest room. Bring your golf clubs with you or request a golf package, giving you access to any of nine golf courses. If you are traveling on business or if your stay will be extended, ask about the preferred extended-stay or corporate rates. The Inn at San Ignacio is a great choice!
Visit the Garden of Gethsemane
Located on Congress street on the west bank of the Santa Cruz River, this site contains several religious statues, representing Jesus, Mary and Joseph, and scenes of the Last Supper and the Crucifixion. The sculptor of the Garden of Gethsemane, Felix Lucero, promised to God that he would create the statues after being spared on a WWI battlefield.
This pedestrian shopping area is filled with one-of-a-kind restaurants, boutiques and shops dedicated to crafts. Don’t forget your cash or credit cards when you head for this part of Tucson. Should you visit Tucson in the late winter or early spring, the Fourth Avenue Merchants Association holds its annual Winter Street Fair, to which craftsmen and artisans from all over the country bring their wares.
Spend Some Time at La Casa Cordova
Both La Casa Cordova and the J. Knox Corbett House are part of the Tucson Museum and Historic Block. These two historic restored homes take you back to the early part of the 20th century with furnishings and rare arts and crafts dating from this period.
These homes are built and decorated in the tradition of the old pueblo. As you tour, you will see a hand-hewn bathroom medicine cabinet still stocked with healing powders as well as dresser drawers containing antique corsets, hankies and gloves.
What are your favorite spots in Tucson?
Photo Credit: The Joyners
The United States has a lot of hotels and resorts that are known worldwide. Let's take a look at 10 of the most Famous Hotels in the USA:
- One of the most famous hotels is The Waldorf Astoria in New York. Waldorf Astoria is renowned in America, but also internationally. It was built in the 1890s by William Waldorf Astor and John Jacob Astor.
- The second hotel on the list of 10 Famous Hotels in the USA is the Hotel Chelsea in New York City. The Hotel Chelsea first opened in 1905.
- Number three is located on the West Coast. It is now called the Andaz West Hollywood and was once the Continental Hyatt House. The Continental Hyatt House was located on Sunset Boulevard and became known as “The Riot House”.
- The fourth hotel on the list is the Flamingo Casino and Hotel. It is the third of the three original hotels to grace the “Las Vegas Strip”. The building of this hotel was done by mobster Bugsey Segal in 1946.
- The fifth hotel on the list is the Palmer House Hilton in Chicago, Illinois. This famed hotel dates back to the 1870s and is located in the Chicago Loop.
- Next on the hotel list of 10 Famous Hotels is The Peabody in Memphis, Tennessee. The Peabody was constructed in 1925 and “The March of the Ducks" began in 1932. This tradition was to have live ducks swimming in a fountain in the hotel lobby.
- The seventh hotel on the list is The Lenox Hotel. The Lenox is located in Boston, Massachusetts and is on the National Trust for Historic Preservation. It cost more than one million dollars to build in 1900.
- The eighth hotel on the list of 10 Famous Hotels is The Willard Continental in Washington, D.C., and it opened in 1818. President Lincoln stood at this hotel before his inauguration in 1861.
- Number nine on the list is the Arizona Biltmore, which is located in Phoenix, Arizona. This hotel was the very first built in the Phoenix area in 1929.
- Number ten is the Hotel del Coronado in Coronado, California. This famous California hotel completed construction in 1888. Some of the notables that stayed here include Babe Ruth, Charlie Chaplin and Charles Lindbergh.
What other famous US hotels can you think of?
Photo Credit: Alexander Schippers
Chicago has many great hotels where you can spend time for either business purposes, or for pleasure. However, here are 5 suggestions that could help you make a decision for your next business trip to the windy city.
1. Elysian- located on the Gold Coast, this is a 5 star hotel and can provide luxury with a boutique design. It has 188 rooms and 149 suites. The services found here are innovative, and furnishings are modern. The baths are made from marble, the vanities have LCD televisions and the bed linens are Italian. Visitors of the Elysian describe it as superb, or perfect.
2. Westin O' Hare- this 4 star hotel is situated near the airport and has classic luxury. The most appreciated services are: the possibility to exercise within the hotel room, natural lighting, great culinary experience, or high speed Internet.
3. Park Hyatt- a 5 star wonder, this building has a classic design and is elegant and sophisticated. It is considered one of the top 20 world hotels, featuring fine art, memorable dining experience, great luxury, hypo-allergenic rooms, and indulgent amenities.
4. Four Seasons- has eagle eye views, 5 stars and 343 rooms. The furnishings are European, the cuisine is award winning and the building has the look and the comfort of a top sky mansion. The settings can be perfect for business trips, but also for vacations. The views are astounding.
5. Amalfi- is a 3 star hotel with a boutique design. The location is great and the interior is decorated well. The staff members are extremely helpful, there is wireless Internet, a workout room, free breakfast, and afternoon cookies!
Take a look at these hotels during your next stay in Chicago or search all Chicago hotels.
Photo Credit: Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
Australia is a beautiful country with many exciting vacation destinations. The #1 adventure to explore while visiting Australia is snorkeling. Australia is home to The Great Barrier Reef, one the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. You can choose to go on a cruise with a snorkeling tour, rent a private boat, or snorkel solo on deserted beaches. The sea life is magnificent and you'll be blown away by the visuals. Get to know the huge clams, turtles, living coral, vibrant fish, sea lions, and dolphins. The best season for snorkeling is during Australia’s winter, the water is clearest at that time. Because it is in the southern hemisphere, winter is Australia’s warmest season (May-October). However, please use great caution; Australia’s barrier reef can also be dangerous. Beware of areas where crocodiles are lurking!
One great hotel recommendation is The Macleay, in Sydney. Their rooms have an apartment feel to them. They are comfortable, airy, and very clean. The 3 star rooms include a kitchenette and an accommodating staff. They are a super value! The Macleay, is conveniently located in the heart of town, walking distance from the famous Opera House and Botanical Gardens.
Australia’s famous Sydney Opera House is a must-see tourist attraction as well. The Performing Arts Center features productions from Opera Australia, The Australian Ballet, Sydney Theatre Company and The Sydney Symphony Orchestra.
The Royal Botanical Gardens in Sydney is a beautiful place to observe nature: the well mantained and manicured park houses trees, plants, and flying foxes. A truly wondwerful experience and excellent photo oppurtunities. The train tour through the gardens is relaxing. They also have a delicious restaurant , which closes around 3:30pm.
Photo Credit: Yury Prokopenko
The day has finally arrived. Hopefully, as you prepare for the day's big event, you will already have tomorrow's event planned. What you plan after the wedding is just as, if not more, important than what you plan for the wedding itself. This is your premiere trip as a newly married couple; therefore choosing the perfect honeymoon destination is a decision that should not be taken lightly.
Here are 5 of the top honeymoon destinations in the US.
#1 - Nantucket Island - This historic, pristine island is the perfect honeymoon destination for those looking to enjoy a bit of New England. Enjoy hikes along the dunes, or take a bike ride to your own 'private' beach. The Wauwinet Hotel located on the northeast end of the island is the perfect touch of elegance for a romantic honeymoon.
#2 - Mackinac Island - This northern Michigan island offers a romantic step back in time. Cars are not allowed on this island. After checking into your hotel or one of the many bed and breakfasts on the island, enjoy a hike, bike ride or your own horse and carriage to tour the island.
#3 - Napa / Sonoma Valley - This area of California offers total relaxation and romance. Here is where you can literally sit back, enjoy the beautiful vineyard views, and sip some of the best wines in the US. For a truly romantic getaway, the Auberge du Soleil in Calistoga is highly recommended.
#4 - Charleston, South Carolina - The fourth choice for your honeymoon destination brings us to the South. Charleston, South Carolina offers the newly married couple a true taste of 'southern' history, architecture, and most importantly, food. Charleston also offers Kiawah Island, where you can enjoy a honeymoon full of beach combing, golf, and swimming.
#5 - Palm Springs, California - Our final destination for a romantic honeymoon brings us to southern California. Palm Springs is literally an oasis in the California desert. This destination is ideal for the couple that enjoys spa days and lounging by the pool. The area has many luxurious resorts and hotels to choose from depending on your budget.
After enjoying your stay, there is no doubt that your marriage will have started on the right foot. All of these locations offer the newly married couple time to relax, reflect, and enjoy each other while enjoying the beauty and luxury of the surroundings.
Photo Credit: pflunki
Whether you are traveling on your honeymoon or just taking a romantic getaway, the seven accommodations below are as romantic as it gets. These hotels provide intimate settings each with unique romantic features and together they represent the top 7 most romantic getaways in the world.
1. Las Hayas Resort- Located in Ushuaia, Argentina, Las Hayas is situated under a glacier, providing a mountainous backdrop with a view of the Bahia del Canal Beagle. The grandiose exterior and the luxurious interior foster the guests intuition to hibernate in their rooms sharing the one-of-a-kind view with that special someone.
2. Argos in Cappadocia- Nestled among the natural wonders of Cappadocia, Turkey, this hotel features underground tunnels that connect the various hotel mansions. The buildings themselves have absorbed the rich history and are waiting for couples to get lost in the history, the natural beauty, and each other.
3. Auberge du Soleli- The Auberge du Soleli is in the heart of Wine Country or Napa Valley. The hotel has the look and feel of an intimate, luxurious tree house that overlooks the rolling vineyards. Auberge du Soleli is home to an acclaimed fine dining experience. The food, the wine, the private terraces, and the swimming pool create an unforgettable romantic ambiance.
4. Canaves Oia Hotel- As with most hotels in Oia, Canaves Oil Hotel is positioned on a cliff overlooking the pristine water and Santorini Island. The gorgeous architecture and stunning surroundings set the stage for romantic walks through the town of Oia or along the coast. The water below as well as the hotel’s pool provide for a bronzing vacation.
5. Tau Game Lodge Madikwe Game Reserve- The Madikwe Game Reserve in South Africa offers the Tau Game Lodge, a luxury safari lodge, which neighbors a watering hole and allows the guests to observe 27 major species roaming the Reserve. With the breeze flowing through your secluded lodge, you can cuddle close to your love and enjoy the thrilling environment that surrounds you.
6. La Villa Gallici- Near the city of Aix-en-Provence in France you will find The Villa Gallici. The Villa Gallici provides an escape from the city scenery while keeping the city activities close. The secluded, dimly-lit pool amidst the seven acre garden provides couples with the opportunity for a late night dip.
7. Ashford Castle- Complete with dungeons and towers, Ashford Castle provides couples with the chance to experience the luxury of kings and queens. The Ashford Castle is located in lush Ireland where you can enjoy the scenery while on a romantic horseback ride.
Photo Credit: monkeyboy_150
The United States is home to 29 baseball stadiums. Whether you are visiting the stadium to see America’s favorite pastime or you are going to get a historical tour, these are five stadiums that you don’t want to miss. To avoid navigating crowded roadways, packed public transportation and having to find a parking spot, find a hotel near the stadium!
1. Fenway Park- Home of the Boston Red Sox, Fenway is a historical gem and the oldest Major League Baseball park still in use. Everything from the tightly packed seating to the selling of Boston Clam Chowder brings the culture of Boston into the ballpark. With minimal renovations and a manual scoreboard, you can’t help but be surrounded by the history of the park, the game, and even the people who sat in the seats before you. For excellent accommodations and a leisurely walk to Fenway Park check out Eliot Hotel, four blocks away from Fenway, or Hotel Commonwealth, only three blocks away.
2. Yankee Stadium- Besides the success of the Yankees that occurs on the field at Yankee Stadium, the stadium itself has so much to offer. The Grand Hall features a Hard Rock Cafe and a Yankees Museum with memorabilia honoring past players and teams. Recently built in 2009, this stadium offers all the modern amenities without leaving behind the history of the Yankee Stadium before it. The angling of the seats ensure that you don’t miss any player crossing home plate. To avoid the hassle of public transportation in New York make Days Inn Yankee Stadium your home base for your Yankee Stadium adventure.
3. Wrigley Field- Located in Chicago and home of the Chicago Cubs, Wrigley Field is rich with history and fan loyalty. Wrigley Field was the first baseball park to include permanent concessions. Wrigley Field features ivy on the brick walls in the outfield, bleacher seats in the outfield, and a manually operated scoreboard. Wrigley Field was built when there was nothing surrounding and is currently nestled in a neighborhood so parking is especially tricky. Your best bet is to make Villa Toscana Guest House or Hawthorne Terrace Hotel your home away from home and walk to Wrigley Field.
4. PNC Park- The PNC Park provides fans with views of downtown Pittsburgh and the Allegheny riverfront complete with the three sister bridges. The Pittsburgh Pirates’ home is the second smallest ballpark in the country. You can watch the game from anywhere in this stadium so numerous trips to the concession area are encouraged! PNC Park often has activities for young fans and even lets them out onto the field to run the bases. After a late night ball game, there are two hotels conveniently located on the same side of the river and within a block of the stadium: Residence Inn North Shore and Springhill Suites North Shore.
5. Coors Field- It has been reported that the baseball travels farther in Denver than in does in baseball parks at sea level giving the Colorado Rockies great home field advantage . At Coors Field, a row of purple seats mark one mile above sea level while the field itself is 21 feet below street level. The towering brick exterior surrounds a field that was first played on in April of 1995. The views from inside the stadium include downtown Denver and the breathtaking Rocky Mountains. Attending a game in early fall when the temperature is perfect and the sun sets during the game will provide you with an experience that you won’t soon forget. Both the Oxford Hotel and the Jet Hotel Denver are within four blocks of Coors Field.
Photo Credit: Kwong Yee Cheng
Taking a family vacation to Houston, the biggest city in Texas and the fourth largest city in the United States? Consider these kid friendly destinations!
1. Johnson Space Center- The Space Center Houston is located just down NASA Parkway from Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake. It features interactive exhibits including moon rocks and a shuttle simulator. The Space Center provides the opportunity to experience zero gravity simulation and visitors can watch a virtual rocket launch.
2. Kamah Boardwalk- Houston’s largest amusement and entertainment park has a Ferris Wheel, train ride, a carousel, and the thrilling Boardwalk Bullet roller coaster nestled among various restaurants. The Boardwalk features a Stingray Reef where the kids can touch and feed live stingrays!
3. Houston Zoo- The Houston Zoo stands out because of its variety which includes an aquarium, a 4-D movie theatre, an African Forest, and the McGovern Children’s Zoo. The McGovern Children’s Zoo features a water playground, pop-up domes, a petting area, and play areas.
4. Amazon Grill- Once the kids get hungry, head on over to the unique and casual Amazon Grill a Tex-Mex restaurant that features table top s’mores and is just two miles away from the Houston Marriott Medical Center.
5. The Children’s Museum- Looking for an educational activity for the family vacation? The Children’s Museum in Houston has been coined “A Playground for Your Mind” and features a Building Zone, a Think Tank, an Inventors Workshop and the Attack of the Bloodsuckers. Insider Tip: Free Family Nights are offered every Thursday!
6. The Weather Museum- The Weather Museum is the newest addition to Houston’s Museum District. This museum is interactive and portrays the wonders of weather. The children even have the opportunity to create their own weather broadcast in the Weather Studio!
7. Splashtown- If you are visiting Houston in the summer, Splashtown is a necessary daytime activity to escape the summer heat. Splashtown Waterpark will not disappoint the thrill seekers in the family with its Stingray Racer, the Tornado, the Thunder Run, and the Texas Freefall.
8. Aquarium- The Houston Aquarium, located Downtown, is a underwater wonderland where the children can see over 400 species of marine life including White Tigers. The Houston Aquarium features a one-of-a-kind dining experience alongside a 150,000 gallon two-story tank.
9. Discovery Green- Discovery Green is an urban 12 acre public park located across from the Hilton Americas Hotel. Discovery Green features dog trails, fountains, playgrounds, a family stage, and a lake. It is the perfect place to relax and enjoy the outdoors while still being in the center of Houston.
10. Aerodrome Ice Skating Rink- Aerodrome offers a winter activity all year round! Take the family to Aerodrome for ice skating or to catch a local hockey game. The Aerodrome Ice Skating Complex in Houston can provide another escape from the heat or a way to get into the holiday spirit in the winter!
Photo Credit: Houstonian
Hitting the town when you’re out and about in Chicago is a daunting task. There is plenty to see and plenty to do in Chi-town; depending on the time of year and how far out you’re planning you can even get in some fun sports action. Consider these 5 destinations for your next Chicago visit.
Solider Field: If you’re headed here during football season you may be lucky enough to catch a Bears home game. Even if you’re not there for the gridiron action there are still tours of this hallowed sports hall which sports fans and others will enjoy.
Shedd Aquarium: With more than 25,000 types of fish, Shedd Aquarium is one of the most popular cultural attractions in all of Chicago. As the world’s largest indoor aquarium Shedd keeps ticket prices low so excitement to come check out all that the space has to see remains high. You could spend a whole day at Shedd and still not see everything there is.
Millennium Park: While the millennium may be another 989 years away, the Loops most famous Chicago landmark intended to celebrate it still remains intact. Millennium Park is a civic center found nearby the Lake Michigan shoreline and has plenty to see and do on its nearly 25 acres.
Navy Pier: Located in the Near North Side and coming up on its own Centennial, Navy Pier is a 3,300 foot long pier which juts out into Lake Michigan. Navy Pier has dinner cruises, sightseeing tours, and twice a week fireworks show for all to enjoy.
Chicago Board of Trade: There are also many fine buildings in Chicago; many of which offer tours. If you’re into finance and you want to see where the world goes to trade bonds, check out a lunchtime tour of the Chicago Board of Trade. An art deco building from the 1930’s this building houses an impressive amount of charm and maybe even a portion of your 401k.
Find a Budget Hotel in Chicago!